Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Twilight!




Ok so I've been hearing such good things about the Twilight series by Stephanie Meyers and I was hesitant to start reading the books. Mostly because its a YA series and I had way too much teenaged angst to deal with when I was a teen that I don't want to deal with it as an adult. But my friend Gina bought the books and her enthusiasm for them passed on to me.
So I started Twilight on Sunday, very doubtful that I would like this book.

After my initial balking that the book was written in first person, I started to get into Bella's mind. Shes the main character and narrator for all who don't know.
Well like I said I started the book on Sunday, and I finished it Monday night. Just in time to start New Moon, the second in the series.

Ok the book is full of teenage drama, but deep down its just a love story... And I'm a total romantic at heart.

So now I'm super excited because not only do I have more stuff to read, but the movie is coming out in Nov!!!!!
And yes I'm sad, disappointed, and a little pissed that Harry Potter is now coming out in a year!!!!! But at least I'll have something cool to watch during the Thanksgiving Holiday and it doesn't hurt that Edward, the hero in the book is played by Robert Pattinson, who played Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

No comments: