Friday, March 14, 2008

Sad Day.

Today i woke up and i found a text message from my best friend, Agustina. Her grandfather died. He had been sick for 10 years, at least, with Alzheimer's. It's sad... I remember when we were little and i used to hang out at her house, and her grandfather was always there. He was a sweet man. Ever since we finished high school I haven't been by her house all that much so i haven't really seen him, and since she got married 3 years ago, so I've been by her childhood home even less. But I'll never forget her grandfather, Don Barney.

This led me to think about my grandfather, who died October 20, 2002. 5 days after my 21st birthday. I have spent the entire day reminiscing of all the things we did. He used to take me to Target to buy a book and he would always give me money to buy him a Hersey's chocolate bar. To this day I have a Hersey's chocolate bar next to his picture. Silly I know, he won't be able to eat it, but if comforts me.

Please take the time today to think about people you've loved that have passed. Never forget them.

For Barney Chamorro and Uriel Herdocia, 2 great grandfathers....

No comments: